The DSX system, which was introduced in 2006, was one of NEC’s most popular and successful product lines. NEC’s National Technical Assistance Center (NTAC) has continued to provide technical support for several years since new system sales were discontinued.
Technical support for DSX will end on June 30, 2019.
The impact of this withdrawal of formal support is as follows:
• No new user licenses for System – so you cannot add more users or expand the system (where a license is necessary after this date).
• There will be no software updates for the applications software like MyCalls or InGuard, for instance, it could become unusable after a more recent software update by Microsoft.
• We can still obtain legacy parts and handsets for fault replacements.
What action do I need to take?
• If you are using applications like MyCalls then consider the upgrade path to the SL2100, the cost to upgrade is very competitive and can be mitigated completely by modernizing your lines from analog or POTS(plain old telephone service) to SIP. Upgrading to hosted PBX may also be a good option.
• If you are happy with your NEC SL1100 and use no applications and don’t think you will need to expand the system then you need to take no action.
To discuss this further and/or check the implications to your business please contact your Account Manager or the Office. We can be reached via live web chat, email(email@example.com), or phone (256-740-3900).